Terms and conditions
Detailed description of services
- Cape Transit South Africa (Pty) Ltd is a business in the transport and tourism industry that provides transfers, tours and airport transfers, including meet & greet services at Cape Town International Airport.
- All vehicles are provided with the necessary operating licenses, issued by the Western Cape Provincial Regulatory Entity (PRE).
- Our vehicles hold the necessary passenger liability insurance.
- All vehicles have service and maintenance contracts in place and are serviced and maintained as per the manufacturers specifications.
- All vehicles are fitted with tracking and communication devices.
- Vehicles are monitored on a daily basis, 24 hours per day.
- Upon receipt of payment, bookings will be processed within 24 – 48 Hours and confirmed by way of Email, SMS or via WhatsApp.
Bookings, Cancellations and Refunds Policy
- The provision of services by Cape Transit SA is subject to availability.
- We advise you to book 24 – 48 hours in advance.
- Bookings can be made 7 days a week
- Cancellation fees will be charged as follows:
- A cancellation fee of 100% may be charged if the service is cancelled 24 hours prior to the date of service and a cancellation fee of 50% may be charged if the service is cancelled 48 hours prior to the date of service.
- Cape Transit SA will refund the client in full within 7 days, should the cancellation be received before the penalty time prior to the date of the service.
- All cancellations to be sent via Email to email@example.com
- It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that sufficient time is allowed to arrive at their destination.
- In the case of a no-show, the full booking fee will be charged, and we reserve the right to take immediate legal action should payment not be received.
- The driver will depart the collection point 30 minutes after the scheduled collection time, except in the case of airport collections where we are aware of the time taken to clear customs and collect luggage, and when flights are delayed. Please be considerate of the fact that our drivers are working on a fixed schedule, and delays will affect other paying customers.
- If (and only if) our schedule allows the driver to wait longer than 30 minutes, you will be charged R60 per hour or part thereof for waiting time.
- We request that you contact us telephonically or via email in case of change in flight plans (cancelled or delayed flights) Please keep our contact details at hand, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephonically (065 983 5602).
- If a flight is delayed, we will endeavour to monitor the situation and accommodate the change, as we are dependent on information provided to us by the Airports Company of South Africa (ACSA). However, we will not be held liable for delays caused, should ACSA provide us with Erroneous information.
- NB: Please ensure that we have your mobile number of the passengers so that we can liaise with them, should we be unexpectedly delayed.
- With regard to our group transfers, if a passenger fails to join a transfer; no refund or rebate will be made.
Luggage and/or belongings
- Cape Transit SA carries no responsibility for loss or damage to a passenger’s luggage or personal belongings. We recommend that you take out travel insurance from a reputable insurer against any risk of loss or damage.
- All tours are strictly private at competitive rates.
- Departure and arrival times are approximate.
- Hotels check in takes from 14h00 and check out before 11h00.
- Luggage and personal possessions are carried at your own risk.
- Please ensure that valuables and travel documents are kept safe at all times.
- Full payment is to be made directly to the driver via Cash, Mastercard or Visa. Payments can also be made on our website, unless otherwise agreed upon.
- Travellers undertake that they have made themselves aware of and accept the potential hazards related to travel, including injury, disease, loss or damage to property, inconvenience and discomfort and satisfied themselves prior to booking that they are fit and able to complete the itinerary of the chosen tour/transfer.
- If the Traveller has any pre-existing medical condition or illness, they must declare the true nature of such condition at the time of booking and make arrangements for the provision of any drugs or other cause of treatment which may be required during their trip.
- Cape Transit SA shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569
Payment options accepted
- Payment may be made via Cash, Visa, MasterCard, Website or by EFT into Cape Transit SA’s account, the details of which will be provided on request.
Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
- The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
- Cape Transit SA takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of services.
Country of domicile
- This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Cape Transit SA chooses as its domiciliumcitandietexecutandifor all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature.
- Cape Transit SA may, in its sole discretion, change these Terms and Conditions or any part thereof at any time without notice.